It all started with our father Rafael “Don Rafa” De Anda in the small town of Arandas, Mexico.
Don Rafa used to work his taco cart around the town and in Mexico City in the 1950’s. His customers enjoyed the fresh ingredients he used and his devotion to traditional flavors. Along the way, he met his future wife, (our mother) Guadalupe “Doña Lupe”.
During the 1960’s, Don Rafa was contracted to come to the United States to work the fields picking cotton, strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to help provide and raise his family back at home in Mexico.
In 1973, our parents decided to immigrate and continue to raise their family permanently in Southern California. As they began growing their family, they tried to seek out the same delicious food they enjoyed growing up in Mexico – but their search fell short. Eventually, Don Rafa and Doña Lupe decided to do something about it.
They concluded they needed to go on a mission…to offer the most authentic “Mexican Taco” their community had ever tasted and create the best Mexican food menu.
The truck was an instant hit! The demand for the “De Anda Mexican Taco” was so high, they expanded their hours to 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Soon after, our parents decided that it was time to take a larger risk… to open a small brick and mortar shop near the original taco truck location. Before they knew it, there were lines out the door.
More than 40 years later, our family business has expanded to 12 locations. We, the sons and daughters of Don Rafa and Doña Lupe, are continuing their legacy.